There are a few ways to find the cheapest gas in your area:
- Use a mobile app: There are many mobile apps available that can help you find the cheapest gas in your area. Some popular ones include GasBuddy and Gas Guru. These apps allow you to search for gas stations near your current location and compare prices.
- Use a website: Websites like GasPriceWatch.com and GasBuddy.com provide the same information as the mobile apps and can be accessed via a web browser.
- Check out retail websites: Some retailers (like Walmart, Costco etc) also have their own fuel stations, you can check their website for prices.
- Drive around: While not the most efficient way, physically drive around your area and check prices at different gas stations.
Keep in mind that gas prices can change frequently and that prices may vary depending on the location and time of day.
Use a Mobile App
There are many mobile apps available that can help you find the cheapest gas prices in your area. Some popular ones include:
- GasBuddy: This app allows you to search for gas stations near your current location and compare prices. It also has a feature that allows you to report gas prices and earn points that can be redeemed for prizes.
- Gas Guru: Similar to GasBuddy, you can use this app to search for nearby gas stations and compare prices. It also gives you additional information like direction and distance to the station.
- My Fuel: Offers a location-based service that provides the real-time gas prices near your location, and also provides the option of comparing prices between different fuel types like diesel and petrol, and also it’s available in multiple countries.
- Waze: This app is a community-driven GPS navigation app that provides real-time traffic information, alerts for police and other hazards, and also provides you cheapest gas station nearby.
It’s important to keep in mind that these apps rely on user-submitted data, so the prices may not always be completely up-to-date or accurate. However, they can still be a helpful tool for finding the cheapest gas in your area.
Use a Website
There are several websites that can help you find the cheapest gas prices in your area. Some popular ones include:
- GasBuddy.com: Allows you to search for gas stations near your current location and compare prices. It also has a feature that allows you to report gas prices and earn points that can be redeemed for prizes.
- GasPriceWatch.com: This website provides information on gas prices by state, as well as a feature that allows you to search for the cheapest gas prices by zip code.
- AAA’s Fuel Price Finder: American Automobile Association website which provides the average gas prices in your region, you could also find state-wise average gas prices.
- Gasoline-Prices.org: Offers the national average gas prices, as well as the average prices in various regions of the country.
- OilPrice.com: Offer prices for various fuel types like gasoline, diesel and even propane, you can also find prices per state and by fuel type.
Like mobile apps these sites also rely on user-submitted data and may not always be completely up-to-date or accurate. But these websites can be a helpful tool for finding the cheapest gas prices in your area.
Check out Retail Websites
Some retailers, such as Walmart and Costco, have their own fuel stations and their prices can be found on their website. Here’s how you can find them:
- Walmart: Go to the Walmart website, select “Fuel” from the top menu, and then select “Fuel Stations” from the dropdown menu. You can then search for gas stations near your location and view their prices.
- Costco: Costco has Costco Gas Stations in some locations, Go to the Costco website, select “Locations” from the top menu, and then enter your location. You can then search for Costco gas stations near you and view their prices.
- Sams Club: Sams Club is a retail company that also has it’s own Gas Stations, You can check the prices on their website, by visiting the website, select “Fuel” from the top menu, and then select “Fuel Stations” from the dropdown menu.
Note that these prices are only available at their own fuel stations and they may not always be the cheapest in the area, but it is worth checking as sometimes they may have competitive prices.
Driving around to different gas stations in your area is another way to find the cheapest gas prices. While this method may not be the most efficient, it can be a good option if you are already out and about or if you want to physically see the prices for yourself.
Here’s what you can do:
- Make a list of gas stations near your location: You can use a website or mobile app to find gas stations in your area.
- Plan your route: Once you have a list of gas stations, plan a route that will take you to each one.
- Check prices: As you drive to each gas station, take note of the prices at the pump. You can also look for any signs that indicate the price of gas.
- Compare prices: After you have visited several gas stations, compare the prices to find the cheapest option.
Please keep in mind that Shell gas prices Near me can change frequently, and may be subject to time of day. Also, it’s always advisable to have a full tank before starting your journey, in case you find a gas station with better prices on a remote location.